Flu Vaccines 2013-2014
Flu vaccines are available to all...and FREE for many!
To help reduce the spread of influenza in our community, we are offering no-cost flu shots to those who qualify. If you don't have insurance and fall into one of these categories, you and your family can receive a flu vaccine at no cost:
- Family size of 1, making under $22,980
- Family size of 2, making under $31,020
- Family size of 3, making under $39,060
- Family size of 4, making under $47,100
- Family size of 5, making under $55,140
- Family size of 6, making under $63,180
Beginning Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013, simply walk in to any CHAS medical clinic during clinic hours to receive your vaccination!
And best of all, you don't have to be a CHAS patient - any and all are welcome to get their vaccine!
Test your flu knowledge (true or false)...
- The seasonal flu is annoying but harmless. False. Each year about 200,000 people in the US are hospitalized and 36,000 people die from the flu.
- The flu shot can give you the flu. False. The flu shot is a dead virus. Dead viruses cannot infect you.
- I need the flu vaccine every year. True. New viruses appear every year.
- Kids 6 months and older should get vaccinated. True. The CDC recommends the vaccine for children 6 months and older.
- The flu vaccine doesn't work. False. The effectiveness is up to 90%.
Don't be sorry; protect yourself and those you love by getting yours today!
To find out more about the importance of the flu vaccine, click here.